- collect a list of everything in the hackerspace
- make it available from the telavivmakers.org
- location viewing inside the hackerspace
- make it possible to levitate items and have them come to your hand
Have you seen the SudoRoom inventory system? I believe that they've posted the code for it on GitHub. It's a very cool system for a single hackerspace site with all of the qualifications you mentioned, but it's also got a future as an inter-hackerspace loan system. The idea is that in time there will be additional information added to the system that will allow you to see if items of inventory are available to be shared across sites, mailed from one hackerspace to another, or if you can go to another hackerspace to use some tool that you don't have locally. That will be uber-cool. :) -- Lisha
- more for IT then for hackerspace / warehouse. but worth checking, GPL.